which measurement software??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use Sample Champion http://purebits.com
Also because I am the author of it ;)

Anyway, with this or other software, I suggest you also to use a very good soundcard for the measurements. Note that many modern soundcards work internally always at the same sample frequency (usually 48 kHz) and make a software resample of the other. This procedure for music listening *could* be acceptable but for audio measurements is not recommended and causes bad measurements.

Just try doing an impulse response loopback measurement with your soundcard to have the impulse response of the A/D and D/A stages (combined). You'll discover a lot of things about your soundcard.

samsagaz said:
and what abt this mic?

http://www.behringer.com/ECM8000/index.cfm?lang=SPN

someone teste it?

thanks

This mic are almost the same as AUDIX TR-40 ( might be a bit cheaper..) and I have compared it with B&K (DPA ) 4006 and earthworx M30.
The behringer are a bit more noisy but will work fine for standard loudspeaker measurements.

the best software for this is winmls2004

:hot: made in Norway

Audix has a 128 dB max SPL, while Behringer reaches 125 dB: not a big difference; frequency response is similar. Now what is important is to have the mic calibration data, to be imported in your measurement program. Since Behringer costs 1/3 of Audix, I prefer to use the ECM8000 and spend some money to get the calibration, and still I will be saving over the Audix.

Claudio

steverb,

Where did you get your mic from? Did you buy it completed or just the capsule and wire yourself? (reason I ask is I'm in WGTN and want to know a good NZ local supplier)

Also - do you have an impedance measuring jig? If you made it did you follow a popular design (eg. Eric Wallin) or did you buy pre-assembled? Again - if you built yourself, where did you source the parts?

Sorry for all the questions - but electronics parts suppliers (unless I'm not looking hard enough) don't have the variety... or the quality of components in NZ.

Cheers,
David.

cdoggy81 said:
osundoy,
Does that come standard with the cheaper versions ($40 & $70) or do you need to buy the higher level stuff? I think JustMLS will work fine but for $40 I can get group delay and distortion it would be worth it.
A new version ( 2004 ) are to be released and i am not shure about prices for different levels... please check www.winmls.com for contact info. I have tested the beta and are pleased with nice test results..

Olav

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.