Lumenlab DIY projector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

This forum is apparently sponsored (at least in part) by lumenlab (see link at bottom). Has anyone here actually built what they are offering? I'd like to build one--and help this forum in so doing--but $400-500 US is a bit of an investment for me, so I'd like some consumer feedback before I spend the money.

Any comments?

Dave

m0tion said:
This thread should have been posted in the "Video" section of these forums. Check it out...

Now why would I want to do that? I mean to ask the speaker DIYers if any of them have built one. The video guys are video guys. I'm a speaker guy. Get it?

Besides, if the loudspeaker forum is sponsored by lumenlab, shouldn't the loudspeaker forum be interested if the sponsorship is a quality one?

Dave

gastro54 said:
I still don't get it... What does louspeaker DIYing have to do with projector DIY? Many people have built the lumenlab projector with good results of which you can see @ the lumenlab.com forums :whazzat:

Goodness me! What a difficult thing this is to express! You've answered your question by asking it! This is precisely the point of my curiosity; have any LOUDSPEAKER DIYers found success building a projector which is advertised on the LOUDSPEAKER forum?

Again, why would I ask if video DIYers find success? The opinions and remarks would necessarily be skewed toward those whose hobby is video. My hobby is loudspeakers. Lumenlab advertises on the loudspeakers forum believing that loudspeaker DIYers will find interest in their product.

I'm simply asking how loudspeaker DIYers have found the experience of building the lumenlab projector for two reasons:

1) If a loudspeaker DIYer would experience any technical difficulties beyond those normally required of loudspeaker building.

2) If loudspeaker DIYers are finding lumenlab a quality sponsor of the loudspeakerDIY forum.

In other words, video DIY has NOTHING to do with loudspeaker DIY. That's why I'm asking loudspeaker DIYers.

Dave

richie00boy said:
I thought Lumenlab sponsor the entire DIYaudio site not just the Loudspeakers forum.

I see your point asking fellow speaker builders if they have built the projector to possibly compare similar skillsets, but really, I'm sure that the Video forum will provide all your answers. There are nooby projector builders as well as pros...

ok, thanks. Golly... Thanks for at least understanding my point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.