Pls help me ID these Dynaco Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day.

I received these Dynaco speakers (also got a H/K A-401 amp)from my brother-in-law in trade for a JVC mini-system. I think I came out ahead.

If memory serves me, they are A30 Mark IIs from the late '70's

Obviously, the tweeters are SEAS, but I am unsure of the woofers and mids as I am reluctant to pull them as the speakers are mint, not a scratch anywhere. The walnut veneer is absolutely blemish free (they were oiled regularly from new). The grilles and badges are mint. The grilles are a chocolate brown and attach with posts (as opposed to my A40XLs which used Velcro). There are wire-wound pots on the back for mid and high freq adjustment as opposed to the earlier Dynacos that used switches. The connectors are the exact same 5-way binding posts that are on my A40XLs. The boxes are sealed.

Dimensions are 22 3/8" (56.7 cm) high, 13 3/8" (33.9 cm) wide and 9 1/2" (24.2 cm) deep.

In order to add them to my home-owners insurance policy, my overly anal insurance company wants a model #, or I get basic generic speaker coverage, which is about $25.00 (go figure).

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a scan of the owner's manual, it would help as well for insurance purposes.

Thanks, Joe

Attachments

• dynaco.jpg
    dynaco.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 69
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.