Dayton driver breakin? Xover help? Something isnt right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I just finished up my triune and the drivers havent been broken in at all. So I throw on some music and such to test them out. They sound just Okay :(

So I throw on a DVD to test the voice response, it sounds very hollow. Granted the top of the box isnt sealed yet. Just screwed on, so this isnt helping. Im confused to what could be the problem? Its the ported box design, but it should really sound better IMO. The tweeter just doesnt sound very clean at all, will this improve with breakin?

Any takers?

"Break-in" is very minor for most drivers. If they don't sound good at first, they will most likely never sound good as far as break-in goes.
But if you listen to them for a week or two, you will find that they sound good. The mind is powerful. :rolleyes:

If you have the measuring equipment to do it, check the crossovers and drivers for adequate frequency response. Without a reasonable good frequency response listening tests are pretty useless.

/M

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.