B200 Kef Drivers - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2002, 08:09 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The large dual line you are talking about sounds like the Coffin.
Yep thats the one. The driver is the B139 SP1044. I found the driver sheet on the page as well. Thanx a lot What is the going price for a pair of these drivers (B139 SP1044)? I know it is hard to get these speakers (especially here is South Africa) but I would really like to build a decent sub. Has anyone actually heard the Coffin? I am quite keen.
Does anyone know of a place that sells the B139 SP1044? I am trying to get someone that is comming from the United States through to here in South Africa to get me a pair of good drivers.
Thanx allNeopsp
Old 11th June 2002, 08:11 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The large dual line you are talking about sounds like the Coffin.
Yep thats the one. The driver is the B139 SP1044. I found the driver sheet on the page as well. Thanx a lot What is the going price for a pair of these drivers (B139 SP1044)? I know it is hard to get these speakers (especially here is South Africa) but I would really like to build a decent sub. Has anyone actually heard the Coffin? I am quite keen.
Does anyone know of a place that sells the B139 SP1044? I am trying to get someone that is comming from the United States through to here in South Africa to get me a pair of good drivers.
Thanx all;D
Neopsp
Old 11th June 2002, 09:15 PM   #13
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Neopsp
Yep thats the one. The driver is the B139 SP1044. I found the driver sheet on the page as well.
That is my site. I have most of the KEF driver spec sheets up till about 1980... just need to find time to get them all scanned.

Quote:
What is the going price for a pair of these drivers (B139 SP1044)? I know it is hard to get these speakers (especially here is South Africa) but I would really like to build a decent sub.
You have to stumble across some or buy them on eBay $200-300 USD a pr. If you aren't into the nostalgia factor, for sub use for the same dollars you can get a better suited driver new. The B139 is about equivalent to a 10". On my site there are some drivers listed that might be used as a substitute in the Classic enclosures, although you would be better off starting from scratch.

Quote:
Has anyone actually heard the Coffin?
Quite a few back in the late 70s. In there day they were quite spectacular. A set of the medium price 12s (Shiva, Stryke, BluePrint, Titanic...) should be better.

dave

I am quite keen.
Thanx all;D
Neopsp [/B][/QUOTE]
Old 12th June 2002, 09:35 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Neopsp, I will try to scan it and mail you. Have some patience, I still have to install the scanner, and my ISP is having problems with the mail server (not only the mail server, but that ine is so bad the warned there might be lost mails). I hope the mail server is sorted out by the time I get it scanned.
Old 13th June 2002, 12:47 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Thanx Havoc. Appreciate it a lot
Old 10th September 2003, 07:24 PM   #16
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Since this is a B200 thread, does anyone have any info on the SP1068 ("triangular" basket) unit used in the KEF 304?

dave
Old 10th September 2003, 07:42 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

I have a pair of these running 100Hz down and they work very well indeed.

Eric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ttl-fronts.jpeg (6.5 KB, 497 views)
Old 11th September 2003, 06:26 PM   #18
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

A few years ago I was given a B300 12" Woofer. I wrote to the Danish importer about a datasheet for it, but they couldn't help me. Then I wrote to KEF directly and they mailed me a datasheet (took a few days IIRC). Give a try - the worst that can happen is that they say no

/U.
Old 11th September 2003, 08:29 PM   #19
jam is online now jam  United States
diyAudio Member

Eric,

I built a pair of those about 25 years ago. Great subwoofer, from an article in Wireless World.

Regards,
Jam
Old 12th September 2003, 05:47 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Default Oldie, But A Goodie.....

Quote:
Originally posted by jam
Eric,

I built a pair of those about 25 years ago. Great subwoofer, from an article in Wireless World.

Regards,
Jam
These were available here in AUS as a kit in the mid seventies.
I bought mine from a garage sale for AUS$30.00 a few years ago.
I have since disconnected the crossover, mid and tweeter, and am running them via a line-level crossover 100Hz down, with a pair of Canton 12" 3-way cabinets providing 100Hz up.
This present combination (expect it to change before too long......again.... ) works very nicely, and the TL subs will vibrate the kidneys, but no hint of boominess, just clean bottom end.
I like them too.

Eric.

Hide this!Advertise here!