Horn Folding Advice?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Method I use with Autocad is to section the horn profile into 50 segments (I do this via a spreadsheet which generates an Autocad script, drawing the 50 segements automatically).

Using the osnap to centre, you can rotate groups of segments whilst keeping the centre of each segment together. Just a matter of selecting group of segents, rotating, select another group etc. Easier to do than describe!

Cheers

I've been messing with it for a few hours.. And I've got this. Please remember it's my first time folding a horn.. so don't be too hard on me :) Is there anything horribly wrong with the way i've done this?

I haven't put a divider in the rear chamber yet.. I want to be able to adjust the rear volume after they're built.

Forgot the picture :)

Attachments

• folded.jpg
    folded.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 289
mikee12345 said:
Centauri what driver is that? small Vrc ! HT style woofer?

Mike, just replied to your pm on PSW before seeing your post here..

Speaker is Beyma 12LX60. The areas below the baffle are also part of the back chamber, giving a volume around 30 litres (don't want to waste any space!

Before you say there is wasted space at rear corners, bottom corner is reserved for future power amp, and top corner is reserved for input connectors and future input preamp/crossover/processing ;)

Cheers
Graeme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.