I'd like approval to build this design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think I've finally decided on a subwoofer design and I'm going to start construction soon, I just wanted to get a few outside opinions to confirm that this design doesn't have any big problems that I've missed.

I'm going to use a Stryke AV15 in a 3.2ft^3 net volume enclosure, sealed. I'm going to power it by connecting each of it's voice coil to one channel of a stereo leach amp, and then drive both channels with the same source material (subwoofer output from Yamaha RX-V650). I think this will give the amp two times as much power RMS as if it were connected to a single channel, but I'd like some confirmation that connecting each voice coil to a seperate channel will have the desired effect.

Also, when you guys order from Stryke do yo use store.stryke.com? Thier webpage looks like it isn't kept up with very well, is this site reputable?

I have a old Miller @ Kreisel subwoofer that had a built in STK amp. I removed the amp a used my Leach amp to drive the dual voice coils. The Leach is a huge improvement over the amp that came with the subwoofer.
My Leach amp is a result of my Carver M1.0 amp diying. I removed everything from the Carver a built a Leach using the case and the Carver transformer. It works Great.
Serosmaness in Colorado.

Assuming you've built your leach to easily handle the 2ohm loads - then you will be driving your AV15 with at least (how does your amp perform at 2ohm?) twice the power driving each VC independently vs. bridging the amp and driving the sub in 4ohm series.

Make sure you have your gains matched and your inputs summed mono.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.