Tangband 871 and what to do with them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've been looking around on the net for what to do with the tangband 871s, there seem to be a lot of designs out there using them it's getting hard to choose one.
Is there any concensus how someone can really get the most out of them, with this I'm referring to the following things :
- What is the best cabinet : bassreflex, closed, tl, ob, ...
- Filtered or unfiltered like ELF 1.5
- Together with another tb driver like in the superELF
- How good is the 657sc compared to the 871s as these also look nice
- are the designs for the ELF 1.5 or superELF publicly available
- ... (any tips or experiences are "very" welcome)

My plan so far is :

To use 2 871s's per speaker in a bassreflex cabinet without any filtering and placing the two drivers together as close as possible to minimize combing. I think it would be safe to cross them to a subwoofer at 100Hz (don't know for sure though)

You should run some Bi-polars using Johns design back to back. Someone had a link to there project using 2 BR-1s back to back. Pretty cool. ohh, and wire them in series and toss a 150hz high pass on them. They have been blown with 1 watt at low frequencies. Also you should use 2 subs, one next to each Front speaker to prevent sub localization with that high crossover.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.