Dahlquist DQM-7 vs Magnat All Ribbon 5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day all. Please excuse the long winded post, but I am not the most knowledgeable wrt speakers and need some good advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am the original owner of a pair of Dahlquist DQM-7's. As expected the woofers and mids have rotten surrounds and bad cones (ex wife let the cats jump up them), the tweeters are perfect. I saw a pair of Magnat All Ribbon 5's on eBay and before I bought them asked the seller the part numbers. The woofers and mids seemed to coincide with the DQM-7's. The tweeters are a bit different, but same physical size. Comparing the two seems to indicate the DQM-7's were made by Magnat and rebadged Dahlquist. The Magnat's sound appreciably better than my Dynaco A40 XL's or my A30 II's, so I am still better off than before. I have the choice of a Citation 17S Pre-Amp and Citation 19 Amp or my H/K 730 receiver to drive them, so power is not an issue. I mostly listen to Jazz music.
Questions: will I realise any appreciable improvement in sound by swapping the mids and woofers from the Magnat to the Dahlquist cabinets? The DQM-7 cabinets are larger, dual ported as opposed to the single port on the Magnat enclosure. If the crossovers are using over 20 year old bipolar electrolytic capacitors, should they be replaced with newer ones? All the internal wiring looks like 22 gauge wire and is overly long for what is needed. Would increasing wire gauge and using shorter runs be beneficial?

Thanks, Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.