Anyone heard of "Blues" brand speakers from early 1990's? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th August 2004, 01:20 AM   #1
beady is offline beady  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Anyone heard of "Blues" brand speakers from early 1990's?

I went to school in Stillwater, OK and have a set of home audio speakers made by "Blues", the logo is on the grill and on the dust caps of the speakers.

They are all-black tower speakers and there are two 8" drivers and a dome tweeter in each one. The 8's are ported and run pretty much full range from the sound of them. There is an 8" on top, the tweeter in the center, and the other 8" on the bottom.

The drivers appear to be almost identical to Stillwater Designs drivers of the same era. The 8's look just like a Stillwater Designs Kicker Competition C8 I have, except the Blues driver does not have the surround stitched to the cone. If I remember my tweeters correctly, the tweeter looks just like an old Stillwater Designs D20.

I looked on Google, but I can't find any information on these speakers. Does anyone know where I can find any info on them?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 4th August 2004, 05:24 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Maybe you left the data sheet in the dumpster.
Old 4th August 2004, 08:08 PM   #3
beady is offline beady  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Fitzpatrick
Maybe you left the data sheet in the dumpster.

Thanks, that helps a lot, Ill run out and look..

I bought them from a pawn shop many years ago when I was attending OSU, and there was no documentation with them.

I was hoping to find the parameters on the 8 drivers so I could design a new enclosure(s) for them. The speakers have never been stellar sounding, but Id like to model them in WinISD and see if I can build a decent house subwoofer with them, since I have them available.

Id appreciate any legitimate help, if its available.

Thanks,

Mike

Hide this!Advertise here!