Quite interesting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The main disadvantage of that procedure ist the reduction onto the horizontal plane of the listener because the speaker rows only mounted horizontal. That is very audible, because the strongly dampened rendition room hardly generates mirror sources outside this level.

I have an another proposal for a wfs- speaker field in front of the listener. By way of including the listener room properties into the synthesis the possibility for an physically sound filed reconstruction an all 3 Dimensions arise. The patented Procedure is described on my website.

Hi Bigwill,

the IOSONO works by the wave field synthesis approach ( see http://www.syntheticwave.de/Wavefieldsynthesis.htm or wikipedia ).You need no normal audio signal like MP3, you must have a dry recorded single (mono) signal for each source. The synthesis builds up the spatial soundfield from that source signal and the spatial information, stored as impulse response or mirror source model. Standard are the MPEG4 based formats.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
bigwill said:
To be fair mp3 was quite an impressive achievement

Absolutely.

I can't understand the bad rep it gets from some. With high bit rate Mp3's (320kbits+) its hard to distinguish between the uncompressed unless your really intently listening and doing AB's every few seconds. I don't tend to listen to music like that so for me its perfectly acceptable, especially for electronic and pop music that already isn't so pristine in quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.