Adding a Port to my enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have this 8" Sub I am using with my computer, it's in a premade sealed box. I want to add a port to it. I used to know of an applet that given the specs of the speaker the enclosure could produce specs for the appropriate port to use. I no longer know where that applet is, though I have searched for it, I am still at a loss.

What can I do to figure out what size port I can use and moreover what can I make the port out of? Thanks!

I'd love to help you model out your sub with the programs that i have (bassbox pro & winisd)
but I don't have the specs of your sub.

The port size (volume) is dependent on the tuning frequency that you desire and the enclosure's internal volume.
Maybe if you could be more specific, I'm sure you'll get more help from the guys here.

Btw, you could buy the ports about any audio stores..
partsexpress.com is a reputable place you could buy from online ;)

if you're like me..I go the ghetto route and buy plumbing PVC pipes from Homedepot and cut up the pipes to my specs

Well unfortunately it is a rather cheap subwoofer. The company that made it, Roadmaster USA, doesn't have any real technical specs on the driver besides this manual

The enclosure is also made by Roadmaster USA. No datasheet or manual this time, at the most you could get information about it from this page, but I did measure the box myself and basically this is what I got 579.176 Cubic Inches which converts to .335 Cubic Feet of internal volume in the enclosure. The driver's manual reccomends over 3x that amount so I guess my measurements are wrong.. but I tried.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.