DIY 2004: Northern California - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th July 2004, 01:55 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Exclamation DIY 2004: Northern California

David Ortega and I will be coordinating this year’s event. We plan on having it in the San Francisco Bay Area on a Saturday, from 9am to 3pm, in August or September. We will pick a date based on responses from potential attendees.

Plans for the event are similar to the Sacramento based events of the last two years. Our thoughts include speaker demonstrations/auditions, speaker measurement and CAD demonstrations (hopefully with demos of SoundEasy 9 and LSP Cad Pro), and we are considering a simple contest for the speaker which best meets it’s design goals (to be judged by the attendees).

We are open to suggestions for the format/activities of the event. Please email us! We’ll post updates on ideas to this and other boards.

The event will be held in a community center space. These, unfortunately, are not free; but, based on 20 or so attendees, rental fees will be $15-20/person. BTW, if you are in the Bay Area and have access to a suitable space, please email us ASAP.

If you would like to attend, please let us know by sending an email to ncaldiy04@yahoo.com. Please let us know which of the following dates you can attend:

8/14 (by far the best date from a facility choice standpoint!)
8/21
8/28
9/11
9/18
9/25
Old 20th July 2004, 06:56 AM   #2
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Well, I will have my speakers finished without crossovers in about a week. Aug 14 seems awfully soon to get the crossovers done, but I will do it!!! So any of the dates work for me.
Old 20th July 2004, 04:19 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Please send interest to email address!

All,

If you would like to attend, please send an email to ncaldiy04@yahoo.com . Thanks!

Jonathan

Hide this!Advertise here!