Seas Excel M15CH001 vs AT CQ 15H520613SDK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't listened to them actually :( but in the Hobby Hifi Magazine they said that Excel M15CH001 performed better than this list of drivers:

Audax PR170Z0
Audax PR170M0
Focal 6WM
Focal 7k6411
Scan-Speak 12M 4631G00
Scan-Speak 15m 4531k00
Beyma 605 ND
Visaton TI 100 M
& four cheaper Visaton drivers

Also Sherwin noticed that the Excel M15CH001 had almost the same qualities with the Accuton C^2 79.

BTW it is very intresting that the Sonus Faber Stradivari uses the C-Quenze 15H with the Scan-speak ring-radiator and some modified (?) Seas 10". While the TAF Oss Royal Excalibur uses the M15CH001 with the Scan-speak ring-radiator, with a Excel Paper 8" and a 10" woofer.

Here there are some intresting links:

http://www.taf-oss.nl/indexuk.htm (TAF Oss Site)
www.hsi-luidsprekers.nl/Sherwin.htm (Sherwin's loudspeakers)

here is the TAF Oss Royal Excalibur picture:

Attachments

• royalexcalibur.jpg
    royalexcalibur.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 466
Thanks for the feedback.

The M15 rear magnet assembly design looks like there would be very little in the way of internal reflections. I plan on optimizing the rear enclosure cavity in my next design. The 15H on the other hand has a magnet assembly almost as large as the cut out making this difficult. My only concern with the M15 is the 1mm xmax.

Hi Slogan. You must be patient! :)
Progress has been a little slow and at this rate it's going to be Christmas before I'm listening to them.
Back to the topic, I often wonder how significant the rear internal reflections off the magnet are. I haven't really seen any hard data to support the interference theories, and I think it could only come into play above about 2kHz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.