0-speakers in 67 minutes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
w00t1985 said:
Except that the Jaycar has 4 screws on the inner ring, and the Vifa only has 3. But other than that...;)

Yeah I noticed that ;)

I'll just try it out and see how it goes, I just thought it might be a bit too quiet it is really 88 dB.

I am gonna have the crossover at 4k as the woofer goes upto 5.5k and tweeter goes down to 3k. I will also try reversing the polarity of the tweeter to see if it helps with the phase cancellation thing.

How do I tell if I need an impedance correcting resistor in my crossover for the woofer??

maxw said:
How do I tell if I need an impedance correcting resistor in my crossover for the woofer??

Rod Elloitt's, Design of Passive Crossovers, section 6, "Attenuation Networks" should help here.

http://sound.westhost.com/lr-passive.htm

OFF TOPIC: Circlotron's post with the two tweeter pics, was posted by Circlotron, then someone else ??? and now by Circlotron again !!! WTF ??

Mark25 said:

OFF TOPIC: Circlotron's post with the two tweeter pics, was posted by Circlotron, then someone else ??? and now by Circlotron again !!! WTF ??
I think there is a glitch in your matrix, looks fine to me ;)

Mark25 said:
Rod Elloitt's, Design of Passive Crossovers, section 6, "Attenuation Networks" should help here.

http://sound.westhost.com/lr-passive.htm

Thanks for the link, very helpful! You must be able to sense the dutch heritage in me and know you are helping an old local :D
The thing I was talking about is actually in section 3.1.1.

I have a CCNA exam in a 2 weeks so wont be finishing the speakers until after that, pics will come :clown:

maxw said:
I have emailed DST a week ago but no reply. Does anyone know where you could find reliable specs for this driver? (I have searched this forum too)

DST replied!! they sent me a datasheet, I saved as a PDF and it is attached so people can find it:)

It is called a D26TF-05-06 or D26-TF-05-06 or D26TF 05 06 (so people can find it)

They DO have a sensitivity 88dB, WTF? thats really low. Will they be usefull for anything except really low sensitivity woofers at that level? My carbon fibre ones are 91dB :bawling:

I finished them and I am very happy with how they sound!
Especially since its my first pair I have made ;)

Since I have moved the pics and you cant edit your posts (WTF?) here are the pics from beginning to finish:

test boxes
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Crossover

inside

port

Almost finished

Spikes!

Done

Hi,

THAT LOOKS AWSOME. You have done a great job with them speakers, well done. I have a jaycar store near me and they have 2 of them 6.5 Carbon fibre cones woofers, in a isobaric setup. One side ofthe woofers has a larger enclosure then the other side of the woofer but both sides have ports. They go REAL deep for bass. ITs really awsome. How does te bass sound on yours?

Thanks
Stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.