Cornu spiral horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Has anyone heard these? I think what a great idea. What a way of getting the most out of your drivers. I wonder if you could make them for bigger drivers? (sorry Daniel, I should have asked you first)

Anyone tried making something like them? I couldn't find a good link to a picture on google so I'm hoping someone has a link or some experience with them.

Cal

spiral horns

Hi Cal

I haven't heard the Cornu spiral horns, but have been following the story about them and listening impressions on a german DIY-forum (Audiotreff).
So far only versions for smaller drivers are existing, but Daniel (the man behind Cornu) has been trying bigger ones also (as far as I know). Supposedly they are sounding very good with a tendency to the "warm" side, peak levels are very limited though but OK with regard to the size of the driver.

Attached you'll find a picture of them posted by some other german DIY-enthusiast..

Later,
Oliver

Attachments

• cornu600.jpg
    cornu600.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 371
hi

I think may be larger drivers the traditional horn will be a easier to construct - trade off way , i guess it will be diffcult to turn large spirals , keep them from leaking into each other with the two large flat baffles , unless the spirals are made to be modular

more of a construction thing

suranjan

transducer design engineer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.