.00075 x 5" copper foil group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
.00075 x 5" copper foil group buy

Hi,

I didn't know where to put this, so if it's in the wrong forum, could a mod please move it? Thanks.

I have the opportunity to get .00075 inch by 5 inch copper foil to make magnan signature speaker cables. I want to get a group of people together to do a group buy. I also am trying to get .0004 silver foil for interconnects. Anyone interested, please contact me at my e-mail address, which should be found in my profile.

If you're not familiar with the magnan signatures, go to www.magnan.com and learn about these cables. They can be easily duplicated for about $75. They go for about $1100.

Best regards,

slug

Re: .00075 x 5" copper foil group buy

SLUG??? you chose slug as a moniker?????

What....your old moniker no good???

Hi...welcome to diy.

You'll find that the moderation here is much nicer. Jon has far too much of an agenda going...to him, it's "my way or the highway", which is a shame actually, he does bring lots of good stuff to the table. Course, e/m theory ain't one of them..

Cheers, John

For the copper, it may be cheaper/easier just to unroll foil inductors, although you probably will not find more than 1-2" width. If you haven't come across this do a search on the forum. Peter Daniel among others has posted on this topic.

Are you sure this is group-buyable? I mean to say, if the minimum order is say 1000' of foil will the manufacturer break it into 50 20' rolls? If they send you a single 1000' spool I don't see how you will part it out successfully.

copper foil

Hi Tiroth,
I have tried inductor foil and was not happy with it. Go to www.magnan.com and read about there best speaker cable that is the one i want to build. .00075x5" copper foil is thin but you can work with it . The sound stage with cable is deeeeep and so clear you will crap your pants! It would cost about $75 it make and is $1100 in a high end shop.Ihave plans for building them not with nylon but drill cloth #40 heavy cotten! This sounds better than nylon an cheaper to.

All the best,
slug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.