Needed: Tweeter data sheets and pairing recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

I've found a shop that sells the following tweeters:

Vifa:
XT19TD00-04
DX25TG05-04

Scanspeak:
D2010/851300
D2905/930000

I'm considering a 2-way speaker with Peerless HDS164 or SDS164 as woofer, and either of these tweeters to go along.

However, I can't find a data sheet with info on recommended frequency range of each tweeter. A different thread warned about using the frequency plot as guideline, as this plot does not take X-max into consideration.

Anyone knows a site with GOOD data sheets, or the manufacturers web-page? I figured that X-over should be around 1.8-2kHz, or what do you guys think?

This is my first speaker project, so any positive critisism is welcome.

Thanks -
Jennice

I second that, use the XT25 or ss2905-9300.

The D2010 can be used in combination with a 17cm woofer, but in that case the highs sound a bit 'thin'. And some lack of dynamics.

I would also consider to move the cross-over frequency >2 kHz. This will relieve the tweeter a bit and a 17cm unit doesn't give problems.

But always measure the response in YOUR enclosure and with that info design your filter. If you don't do that, your speaker will never be as good as the drivers permit.

Hi Indoubt,

Why should the XT19 be harder to mate with the HDS164? Due to needed X-over frequency?

Re. data sheets, this is where I got my datas, but I think the info on the tweeters is lacking a lot of info. Thus this thread to get more info.

LaMa:
Given the link to the data heets, where would you cross over?

General thought:
I've considered to maybe make an actice Xover (got amp.channels enough), or make a passive Xover, and an active filter for a sub.
Also, I've considered using two HDS164 units for each side. I suppose this calls for active X-over to be able to attenuate bass vs. tweeter, right?

Finally (for now): Isn't it right, that regardless of active or passive Xover, the phase of the signal to each driver seems to suffer in the X-over region?

Jennice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.