Tempo cabinet plans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there!!

I will be putting together the Tempo speakers that were in Humble made HIFI.... I have read in other threads that this site went down because of too much traffic to it.

Can anyone provide the cabinet plans for this speaker, or know Tony Gee´s e'mail so I can contact him and ask for them.

Thanks!

.... I already have the drivers and crossover components and can´t wait to get sarted.

Attachments

• Tony_Gee_Tempo_Cabinet.JPG
    Tony_Gee_Tempo_Cabinet.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Tony_Gee_Tempo_Photo.JPG
    Tony_Gee_Tempo_Photo.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Tony_Gee_Tempo_Crossover.JPG
    Tony_Gee_Tempo_Crossover.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 163
Hi Guys,

Finally I planned to build speakers from "Tony Gee" design, (THE TEMPO). I have all the drawings for cabinets and I am arranging for drivers.
I want to know that can I use my "Lanzar" car amplifier to drive these speakers.
Here is the link for amplifier"
Lanzar - VCT4110 - 2000 Watt 4 Channel High Power MOSFET Amplifier

Specs are:

1. 50 X 4 Watts at 4 Ohm (RMS), 4 channals
2. Frequency response: 50Hz to 30 KHz
3. S/N Ration: >95dB
4. Bult in cross over filter:
High Pass: 40 Hz to 250 Hz
Low Pass: 40 Hz to 250 Hz.
Also do I need to build a separate cross over for the speakers as shown in "TEMPO" manual as I have crossover in my Amplifier.

If this amplifier will not work then what should be the specificatons to run these speakers.

I'd be wary of using such a powerful (2000W) car amplifier with these speakers but it can be done. The tweeter with its simple crossover is fragile and susceptable to damage from switch on thumps. A subwoofer amplifier @250Hz crossover won't be of any use to you here.

I did assume that Tony Gee's website was down here. It's not.
Humble Homemade Hifi

I should explain that this speaker is a freestander with a series crossover which is an essential part of its working. It has very good phase and time alignment and should be pleasant to the ears. Tony has done a nice job of integrating a good Vifa 6.5" paper woofer and the respected SEAS 27TFF tweeter crossing over near 2.5kHz. Like all low order filters with low crossover point, the result is a woofer with a slight peak around 1.5kHz and a tweeter that can be overdriven if you hammer them too hard, but you gain musicality.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/206843-sreten-speakerman-go-series-xos-56.html#post3046046

With a voltage amplifier, you really shouldn't need the RLC impedance correction circuit at the input. That is for valve use.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.