Has any one use the AUDAX TW025A18 1" TITANIUM DOME TWEETERS ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th July 2004, 09:59 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to jewilson
Default Has any one use the AUDAX TW025A18 1" TITANIUM DOME TWEETERS ?

Has any one on the Forum used or have experience with the AUDAX TW025A18 1" TITANIUM DOME TWEETERS. They look to be nice driver, however I don't have any experience with them.

Thanks
Old 5th July 2004, 12:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have played with some A18 and A20 tweeters, but have not come around to using them. Very nicely engineered, but they need some foam plugged into the pole vent to get rid of cavity oscillations.

The thing I was going to work on is to bring down the fundamental resonance to below 1000 Hz. Do a search.

Matt Daigler might still have some units to sell, and I believe e44.com has some in stock.
Old 5th July 2004, 02:43 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to jewilson
Default AUDAX TW025A18 1" TITANIUM DOME TWEETERS

I am in the process of building new speakers, just picking out the parts now. I was going to use some DynAudio Esotars, which I own.

Since Iíve not really decided on the tweeter or midís, and found a real deal on these AUDAX TW025A18 I though check into them. Not having seen them used in any production speakers made me wonder what kind of performance they really have. I like the transient response of the metal domes, however they can get resonances can be nasty. So I was looking for a recommendation regarding their performance.

Old 5th July 2004, 09:34 PM   #4
Matt D is offline Matt D  United States
diyAudio Member

They were pretty new when Audax decided to get out of consumer audio, so we hadn't been selling them to OEMs too long. Revel and Snell were using them in some of their high end models. JBL also used them in some high end products for Europe.

I personally heard a few different systems using these, all of which sounded excellent. These tweeters measured about half the distortion of a standard ferrite motor 1". And with their high sensitivity, they never sounded strained like other tweeters can.

The TW025A18 uses a neodymium ring magnet and machined carbon free steel in the motor which made it an expensive tweeter to build.

I do have some of these left that I'm selling. I also have some textile dome versions.

Hide this!Advertise here!