PartsExpress to soon carry Usher Drivers....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Taken from the Forum over there

Posted today (7.01.04)

When will Usher products be posted on the site?

Hi Rick,

Thanks for putting me on the spot here, luckily I got some extra time to check the Tech Talk board today. I've been busy working on writing copy, testing the product, solidifying specs, and ironing out all the issues involved with carrying a new product line. I was hoping to get everything cleaned up and in order all at once for a semi-"suprise" product launch, but I guess that isn't going to happen now. So, since it will probably take another week or so for me to get everything together, hopefully everyone will be able to hold off until then.

See ya!

Darren

Looks like their starting to add some upperclass brands (such as Davis Audio a couple months ago).

Well, now you've done it....:rolleyes:

Seems like the PE product managers do pay attention to these forums - and the pricing gets modified accordingly. For example - there's been some talk about a particular Tang Band tweeter lately (264-822). Guess what? In the catalog (and on their site last week) it was listed at $15.12. I looked today and it was $21.22 all of a sudden... quite an increase!

I thought that perhaps Tang Band had increased their prices - but NO - www.acoustic-technologies.ca (the TB North American distributor) is still selling them for $13.60. In a similar fashion, the W3-315D has also gone up for no apparent reason (after having been discussed in the forums) - although not by much (a measly $1 or so).

Finally, they're selling the TB 6.5" subwoofer for over $40 - while the TB 8" subwoofer (which is superior) can be had for $32 from another vendor, and there's also a TB 5" sub (with great specs and quite comparable to the 6.5" in many ways) available from yet another supplier for $24.

Don't get me wrong - I think PE is a great vendor - no complaints (well, except that it took three phone calls and an equal number of shipments to finally get a "complete" BR-1 kit in hand 8-(....

If they're going to carry Usher - sign me up (I want the scanspeak knock-off tweeters that are supposed to be killer - for only $50 or so)! But stop "adjusting" the DIY pricing (which is what it seems is happening) based on the amount of "traffic" (i.e potential interest) in the forums...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.