Giving them the horn?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sreten

I was hoping to use a bottlehead paramour in the future which is about 2.5watts.

I am currently working on ways to get as much volume out of the cabs without losing WAF! I started a thread called 'how big is too big?' but it seems to have dried up and been a bit corrupted by posts of other members about huge systems. So I started a thread called 'how are you gonna get that through the door?' to get rid of the other stuff!

Still need to work on designs for the cabs. I was not sure how the horn loading worked on the tannoys as te front seems to be the horn and the rear transmission line.

Any help is much appreciated as i am a real newbie.

If these aren't the actual plans, they are darn close...

http://www.hilberink.nl/codehans/tannoy18.htm

It looks like you will need to extend the front surface some to accomodate the front horn. Look at the GRF corner plans (located in the earlier post from Sreten).

At the end of the day -- I think Sreten is right (is he ever wrong?)

It takes a very special person to build these monsters -- not to mention MOVE THEM!

While you would have one of the finest speakers in the world, you would have zero WAF

Why not build these and make them LOOK like Westminsters?

http://www.users.bigpond.com/tunnelgap/Tannoy/mods.html

Attachments

• prstg_wstmnstr_lrg.jpg
    prstg_wstmnstr_lrg.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 65
Idea

I hought:dead: something like this may be do-able.

I could keep the width the same as the driver (ish) and use the angle to point the driver at/infront of the listening position. That way the cabs keep the laid down WAF rules and could be placed in the corner.

The grey area could be the exit for the folded section.

Even if the folds wount work I still get more volume from the cab and the drive unit wont suffer from rear panel deflection.

Any Ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.