Need HELP with Eurotec sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After consulting my "financial" advisor i decided i can buy either a Boschman V-10DF or a Eurotec 5189 or 5188 subwoofer.The problem is that i don't have the Theile-Small parameters for the Eurotecs so, i can't make a decision.Can you help me find those???
With the Boschamann i calculated de box volume for about 224 liters for a Qtc of 0.7 in a sealed box.So i need the rest to compare de results.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
I wish I could. Unfortunately, someone else here asked about a Eurotec model, and all I could come across on the internet was this sketchy info from a couple of Eastern European dealers-no Thiele-Small parameters at all.

If you have a voltmeter and either a sound card with either
A) an output of 1 watt or more that can go directly to speakers,

or

B) a hookup from the soundcard to the amp,

you can measure the parameters yourself.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
It looks pretty good so far. I don't have the ime to check it completely now-have to go to work, (it's morning here in Connnecticut, USA). Buty it looks about right.

A couple of hints.

First, you might want to download Speaker Workshop, which is freeware. It takes some time to learn, but it measures so much that many people use it. You have to order a special mic capsule from the USA-cheap but delivery might take awhile-but it seems to be a worthwhile investment. Many members use Speaker Workshop to measure Thiele-small parameters, along with frequency response when they are done. But you do not have to use Speaker Workshop to measure the parameters. There are other ways.

Second, if you have a Soundblster or other good soundcard, the Speaker Output of the soundcard can eliminate the amplifier. Of course, you can use the amp anyway, if you want. However, if you use an old receiver fo the amp, remember to set tone controls to flat and set any rumble filters or hiss filters to "off". Most receivers have these-beware of them.

Third. As a double check, do you have an old analog, or dial-type meter? Sometimes they come in handy, and I always like to double check my measurements. They are frequently available for cheap, as people get rid of them in favor of the digital meter. Personally, I like to use both digital and analog meters when working on anything.

Fourth. Here is an excellent online signal generator, freeware. It is written ba fellow named David Taylor, and he puts it on his family's web page, which is nice.

www.satsignal.net => Audio Tools

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.