Best Solution ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody,

I would like to redesign my loudspeakers. The speakers are :

Beyma CP21F tweeter
Davis 16GKLV6M medium
2X Focal 8K415

I will make a closed cabinet for the medium and the tweeter. About 17liters should be OK.

Now here's my problem :

As i have two 8 inches speakers per loudspeaker, i hesitate between making 66 liters vented box for both speakers or make a 33 liters box per speaker...

What would be the best solution according to your own experience?

The idea of totally subdividing the box into two chambers would be no more effective than using cut-out 'shelf' style bracing that accomplishes the same thing but allows air passage within the box. Even a 33 liter box should have full shelf bracing on every panel, as they otherwise would be rife for vibration.

He doesn't state his intent but that Davis mid-bass can cross low enough to allow the 8s to be configured as subs, and I thought maybe he'd prefer 4 small subs to 2 larger ones. Of course for floor standers having both 8s in the same box would be logical to get things high enough, but in that case I don't see putting the mid-bass and HF elements in a separate box. If he is crossing the Davis over higher than 100 Hz he certainly doesn't need to give it a 17 l chamber.

Thanks for your replyes.

Actually i would go for two seperate cabinets for the mid/hf and for the bass.

Perhaps i won't even make a low pass filter for the davis, depending on how it performs in a 17liters cabinet.

It's a bit hard for me to explain everything in english as my english is not as good as it should but anyway, i hope that i'm understandable :cannotbe:

Just for you to know, the mid/hf stage will be powered by a creek 5250SE power amplifier and the bass stage will be powered by my Home Theater Amp (NAD T761).

The problem for the bass is that two 33liters cabinet will be larger than the 66 liters box as i don't want to put the ports on the rear of it. And size is an issue as i live in paris in a very small appartement (i know, i should make smaller speakers ...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.