Goodmans Loudspeaker parts - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th December 2007, 04:18 PM   #11
jives11 is offline jives11  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default just received a pair of these

I subscribe to my local freecycle list and managed to get a pair of Goodmans Goodwood speakers a guy was getting rid of, for nothing. They now reside in my kids shed/den and don't sound too bad. 3 way as described. They stand about 76cm tall , on the floor and would probably be considered 'dated' or retro in design, but the cabinets are very well made. At present they are being run off a T-amp fed from a CDROM. "Kashmir" sounded suitable bombastic.

One of the bass driver domes has a bit of a dent. Is there a suggested way of returning it to it's original shape ?
Old 30th December 2007, 09:23 PM   #12
gfiandy is offline gfiandy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi, Assuming its not actually torn you can often suck the dome back out with a vacume cleaner. It is much easier if you have on with an adjustable suck level. Set it to minimum and then bing the tube close to the dome hopefully it will pull it back out.

regards,
Andrew
Old 4th January 2008, 10:37 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Tweeter for Goodmans Goodwood Loudspeakers

I own a pair of Goodmans Goodwood Domestic Monitor Loudspeakers. I replaced the tweeters and the woofers in them using parts I bought from Parts Express. I also replaced the speaker connectors with banana plug terminals, bought new cloth for the grills, and purchased a set of ball and socket "grill guides" connectors. The grill now mounts onto the speaker more securely. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 7th January 2008, 01:29 PM   #14
Puffin is offline Puffin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have a full set of original Goodmans Goodwod drive units that I took out of the cabinets to use them for something else.
Old 23rd January 2008, 07:41 PM   #15
500va is offline 500va  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thank you everyone for all your help. The speakers have long gone, but replacing the capacitors in the crossover and using some decent tweeters from Maplins made the sound OK.

Kef's Concerto with the B139 bass driver are a massive upgrade from the Goodwoods.
Old 14th January 2010, 05:27 PM   #16
Ivey is offline Ivey  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Goodman Speakers: Made great speakers in the 50's and 60's

They bring back nice memories of my parents.

My father was really into HI FI, in the early 60's. He obtained a pair of Goodman Axiette 101 8" single cone speakers/w tweeter, at Goody's Audio Center on West 49th St. in New York. Think it was around 1959, prior to me moving out of their house.

Goodman's Works were located in Wembley, Middx, England, back then.

My dad had this liking for British HI FI gear. His power amp was a 10watt job from a company called Simmons & Sons Ltd. Other than his records, the only other item he had that was not British, was his RCA turntable.

I have his speakers. Not much else remains.

Take Care

Ivey.

Hide this!Advertise here!