How are you gonna get that through the door?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building some 15inch Tannoy DC cabs and have been sent some great pics of oversize projects.

Lets collect them here and celebrate the loudspeakers that get us:

1) A knowing look from our better half

2) A shake of the head and the comment 'isn't that a bit big'

3) How are you gonna get that through the door? :bigeyes: :cannotbe:

That looks like a WR-650 microwave waveguide flange I work with in there. He he. :D

Here is my D.I.Y. entry. The back chamber and driver must be removed (bolts), and vaseline applied to get the beast up the stairs. Then there's the issue of the ~350 lbs and gravity.

Attachments

• lefthorn.jpg
    lefthorn.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 241
Ropie said:
I'm not sure whose they are

That is one of the more recent iterations of Kevin Brooks system.

Kevin is the US distributor for Ales

Kevin was the Brooks part of _ Sierra Brooks_ with Victor Sierra making up the other part.

A friend who has heard Kevins System says it takes things to a level that you cannot believe existed.

This friend has traveled to all of the VSAC and most of the East Coast Gatherings -

Those Ales drivers run over $100,000 US per channel.

More than a little out of my league.

Regards

Ken l

Refrigerator!

Dear JRKO,

Its been over a year now that I am fooling around with 15" Tannoy DCs and surely, big is the only way to go with these beauties. After too many trials with any kind of cabins like Bass reflex, closed boxes and stuff, I am now using these on open baffles with acceptable outcome. Of course this is the intermmediate stage before I complete my back loaded folded horn design.

Imagine 1,3m height, 0,45m width, 0,60m depth, 2,3m horn length and around 3,500 sq cm mouth. I am now in the stage of folding(on paper) and I got absolutely no idea how exactly to stuff this monster into this damn box!

Needless to say its going to be huge, something like a medium size refrigerator hehehehe. I hope its going to worth all the trouble!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.