building 5 way outdoors loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like two construct a set of speakers to withstand the spring,summer and fall seasons. Using horns,tweeders,4"or 6"mid wrange with two large woofers. I want build my own cabnets and use them on my deck. I love sub woofers but I think that buying them powered is my best bet (unless building them with diyaudio assist is within my ability). Cost is important because there is no sense in building a system that will cost more then buying them from a manufacturer and then making them weather proof. Quality of sound is important of course and wattage is nice but cranking them up during get togethers will not be all that often.Due to the speakers close proximity. I have attempted this project before and failed getting the sound I want. Cabnets and drivers are not the problem, I think? It is the cross over networks(chokes,capaciters,electronics)and choosing the right speakers(voice coil size,ohms,manufactures.) ported or sealed cabnets?and what are the formulas used in their basic design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.