Peerless 850136 and 811827 boxes...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry... haven't made them yet... the idea was make small boxes, with decent bass, that could be used on their own, or used with larger subwoofers to fill in the lowest end, and go louder....

pics will be added, if I ever make these, but I have the drivers... so... lol

Attachments

• peerlessbox.png
    peerlessbox.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 200
6.5 or 8" drivers?

I have a pair of OK commercial speakers made of similar design (rear facing ports behind the dome tweeters) that I’ve listened to and enjoyed for years.

The thing they've always wanted for was another one or two octaves of LF.

12 inch subs for speaker stands have always seemed the solution. I however do nit seem to have your drive for building cabinets.

If you have the subs side-facing wont the LF be 90 deg out phase? (gosh, I'm funny)

Da5id4Vz said:
6.5 or 8" drivers?

I have a pair of OK commercial speakers made of similar design (rear facing ports behind the dome tweeters) that I’ve listened to and enjoyed for years.

The thing they've always wanted for was another one or two octaves of LF.

12 inch subs for speaker stands have always seemed the solution. I however do nit seem to have your drive for building cabinets.

If you have the subs side-facing wont the LF be 90 deg out phase? (gosh, I'm funny)

8inch woofers, the diagrams are to scale..... about 18 litre boxes, tuned to 50Hz...

being 8's, they should go nice and loud :D and hopefully low enough for most music still...

so.. umm... will I have problems with a side firing subwoofer? :p

the wavelengths are so long its not going to make a difference in the sub bass
Consider 50hz , 6.88metre wavelength..

Theres a design i saw in wireless world,used 2 10"s sidemounted,with 6th order alignment,looked good.

:)

Personally for music id prefer a woofer that is tuned to a region where the music is! eg 36hz tune

most woofers thesedays seem to be for either HT or PRO usage,not many for 'inbetween' 35hzish tunings

:cannotbe:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.