Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st June 2004, 05:29 PM   #1
Banned

Send a message via MSN to SkinnyBoy
Default Peerless 850136 and 811827 boxes...

sorry... haven't made them yet... the idea was make small boxes, with decent bass, that could be used on their own, or used with larger subwoofers to fill in the lowest end, and go louder....

pics will be added, if I ever make these, but I have the drivers... so... lol
Attached Images
File Type: png peerlessbox.png (7.4 KB, 158 views)
Old 22nd June 2004, 01:46 AM   #2
Banned

well, that went well.... lol

any reccomendations for subwoofers? I was thinking the 12inch Profile from Jaycar, as its fairly cheap, is 250watts rms, and can be used fairly well in a 50litre enclosure tuned to 25Hz..... but, I have to have the woofer side firing..... so, with the woofer side firing, should I front, or rear port???
Old 22nd June 2004, 02:09 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Da5id4Vz
6.5 or 8" drivers?

I have a pair of OK commercial speakers made of similar design (rear facing ports behind the dome tweeters) that Iíve listened to and enjoyed for years.

The thing they've always wanted for was another one or two octaves of LF.

12 inch subs for speaker stands have always seemed the solution. I however do nit seem to have your drive for building cabinets.

If you have the subs side-facing wont the LF be 90 deg out phase? (gosh, I'm funny)
Old 22nd June 2004, 03:23 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Da5id4Vz
6.5 or 8" drivers?

I have a pair of OK commercial speakers made of similar design (rear facing ports behind the dome tweeters) that Iíve listened to and enjoyed for years.

The thing they've always wanted for was another one or two octaves of LF.

12 inch subs for speaker stands have always seemed the solution. I however do nit seem to have your drive for building cabinets.

If you have the subs side-facing wont the LF be 90 deg out phase? (gosh, I'm funny)

8inch woofers, the diagrams are to scale..... about 18 litre boxes, tuned to 50Hz...

being 8's, they should go nice and loud and hopefully low enough for most music still...

so.. umm... will I have problems with a side firing subwoofer?
Old 22nd June 2004, 11:50 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

the wavelengths are so long its not going to make a difference in the sub bass
Consider 50hz , 6.88metre wavelength..

Theres a design i saw in wireless world,used 2 10"s sidemounted,with 6th order alignment,looked good.

Personally for music id prefer a woofer that is tuned to a region where the music is! eg 36hz tune

most woofers thesedays seem to be for either HT or PRO usage,not many for 'inbetween' 35hzish tunings

Old 22nd June 2004, 01:05 PM   #6
Banned

alright, alright... I'll tune the subs to 30Hz

Hide this!Advertise here!