i need some openions....please give me feed back...speaker design... - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2002, 06:30 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

well i think i will stick withthe true three-way speakers just out of prefrence....
i am desiging this system out of the hopes to get the best of all three worlds....

A. Really Great Sound Quality
B. Really Big Speakers
C. Ear-Bleeding Volume

hope you guys are not mad at me for being so stubbern but i really think three way systems sound better....that is what i think...

you are right bostarob that dayton has kick *** binding posts.....

the tweeters look go so i think i will give them a werle....

i will post some pictures of the room layout soon...
Old 20th May 2002, 07:24 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

here is kinda how the room is going to look.....
note: room is not currect shape....speakers are not currect shape....
just a rough out line:
Attached Images
File Type: gif 7.1 layout.gif (5.1 KB, 834 views)
Old 20th May 2002, 07:55 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!please keep posting!
Old 21st May 2002, 11:24 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

i realy need help so please keep posting......
i dont want this fourm to die just yet....
i still need help....

thanks,
Slice
Old 22nd May 2002, 12:36 AM   #25
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by slicemaster101
i realy need help so please keep posting...
Patience, grasshopper. I haven't finished posting yet, but i do need to put bread on the table 1st.

dave
Old 22nd May 2002, 04:56 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

What exactly do you want help with? You need be more specific

But I will help with this. If you want BIG speakers, make the subs really really big. Not your rear and surround chanels. 90% of the time the surrounds are just sitting there not playing anything. In movies, the only time you'll ever hear them is when a helicopter flies by, or something like that. Most program comes from the center. With music (all of your cd's are in 2 channel stereo) I prefer listening in plain old stereo. Maybe you want all speakers pushing air? It would be kind of wasteful to have the best speakers in the world sitting there 90% of the time. Even if you are using them full time, it doesn't seem right to have an enormous speaker that only plays down to 80 Hz. If it is just for the visual effect, close off a large bottom section and fill them with sand! Be sure to put them where you want them first, cuz they aint goin nowhere once you fill em!
-andy
Old 22nd May 2002, 07:09 AM   #27
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Now the Questions?

OK slice...

You want a 3-way. It needs to play loud (but you have lots of power -- have you actually bought amps?), be big, and they need to sound good.

How much money in the budget? If you haven't bought amps include that $$$ too.

dave
Old 22nd May 2002, 09:28 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

i am going to be buying 5 Crown CE2000.....
they put out....
400w @ 8 ohms x2
660w @ 4 ohms x2
975w @ 2 ohms x2

they put out if you know what i mean......
i am set in these amps because the give the best bang for the buck.......
Old 22nd May 2002, 10:16 PM   #29
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by slicemaster101
they put out if you know what i mean......
i am set in these amps because the give the best bang for the buck.......
Let me see if i can say this gently... no i can't. If the amps sound like c%$& there is NO bang for the buck. And power ratings are often next to meaningless -- i have heard 200W amps clip before 20 W ones (ie the 20W amp put out more power than the 200W).

So we have our 1st impediment -- trying to make a set of speakers sound good with C%$&&* amps.

I just can't imagine spending money on those amps when the money could be much more effectively distributed.

I don't think i want to play anymore.

dave
Old 22nd May 2002, 11:38 PM   #30
Bill F. is offline Bill F.  United States
diyAudio Member

Methinks you a true sportsman and a gentleman for playing at all.

Hide this!Advertise here!