Try Ambiophonics with your speakers - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2008, 04:12 PM   #111
poldus is offline poldus  Europe
diyAudio Member

Problem solved!
I removed ic404 and inserted another regulator in series from some board I had and it works. No trace of digital noise! First timerīs luck I guess.

Old 27th April 2008, 04:19 PM   #112
eStatic is offline eStatic  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by poldus
Problem solved!
I removed ic404 and inserted another regulator in series from some board I had and it works. No trace of digital noise! First timerīs luck I guess.

Congtaulations!
Old 8th May 2008, 11:13 AM   #113
diyAudio Member

Quote:
In that case you can try the 64fs I2s on the receiver and you can delay the data line with a shift register clocked by negBCLK.
fcserei,
I guess the shift register operates before the yss901īs data in, is that correct?
Should I connect its BCLK to that of the yss or the receiverīs?The negBCLK denomination in your post has me wondering since BCLK is all I can see.
Old 11th May 2008, 02:12 PM   #114
diyAudio Member

I guess negBCLK stands for an inverted BCLK. How do I do that?
Will a 4049 cmos inverting buffer work?
Old 20th August 2008, 12:05 PM   #115
MaVo is offline MaVo  Germany
diyAudio Member

One wants to stop the sound crossing the centerline between the speakers, which makes me think that wood would be the better solution to achieve crosstalk cancellation. Whats the reason for using an absorber instead of non absorbing material?
Old 20th August 2008, 01:35 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

mavo: a non-absorbtive barrier might add reflections by bouncing waves to the side walls and I want to get rid of as much room signature as I can. Iīm using additional channels with synthesised ambience so the drier the room the better it sounds.
Old 20th August 2008, 02:14 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

You are right, the reflections are unwanted, so the barrier doubles as additional room treatment, which is nice.

Until now, i only tried software cancellation, and while it sounds great in the soundstage aspect, it makes the sound flat and lifeless at the same time. RACE does this to a greater extend than non recursive algorithms. I hope a physical barrier can achieve the best of both worlds.
Old 20th August 2008, 02:17 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to ackcheng
I wonder if the ambiophonic method can be combined with traditional stereo method. Using an ambiospeaker to create a great soundstage but at say 70% of the volume of the main channel just to "fill up" the room.
Old 20th August 2008, 04:33 PM   #119
diyAudio Member

btw... i think this wasnt posted yet, its a forum about ambiophonics: http://electro-music.com/forum/forum-164.html
Old 28th September 2008, 10:28 AM   #120
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to syntheticwave
Quote:
Originally posted by ackcheng
I wonder if the ambiophonic method can be combined with traditional stereo method. Using an ambiospeaker to create a great soundstage but at say 70% of the volume of the main channel just to "fill up" the room.
In the recording room arrive the first reflections from all directions, far beyond the 60 degree angle between a normal loudspeaker setup. But its spatial distribution is the core off all spatial impression. Only available way until today is to fake it during the reproduction, as in the ambiophonics approach. Its not really the genuine soundfield, but the only way until for establishing a comparable spatial impression. Only wav for recreate the genuine sound field would be Holophony. That would be much more expensive; possibly remain all what we need the impression, not really the physically restored sound field.

H.

Hide this!Advertise here!