Try Ambiophonics with your speakers

You are molding dummy heads?
Wow, that's weird, I just bought one.
It just came in the mail the other day :)
I have to get some good ears though.
Could you hook me up?
What do you have beat?
What are your findings?

I bought the manikin. Made copies of my ears by the Poxican (of this list) method.
See:
Binaural dummy-head microphone [Part 1 - Casting ears with alginate and plaster] Gallardo Sound

Silicone Binaural Ears - For binaural 3D audio recording

http://www.gbcasa.org/cms/audio/Griesinger-Binaural-Hearing-EarCanals-Headphones.ppt

email me if you want more details.

E:%5CDCIM%5C108_0101%5Cears.JPG

Last edited:

Hey thanx.
I've been talking to that guy who makes those ears on the dig dagga site.
He lives in WA state. He has a bunch of YouTube vids.
I got the same dummy head that is in his tutorial. The head is pretty small and the ears are uneven.
I will try to cast my own.
Dig dagga actually has a new set up for his binaural. He calls it free space or something like that. It doesn't sound as good as the dummy head.

I'm going to do a binaural video of the "Event Horizon" and put it on YouTube.
I want to set up a demo of ambiophonics for people to experience. I know it wont sound great on YouTube, but it's just for the sake of comparing localization to stereo.
I will post the link here when it's ready.

Last edited:
Hey thanx.
I've been talking to that guy who makes those ears on the dig dagga site.
He lives in WA state. He has a bunch of YouTube vids.
I got the same dummy head that is in his tutorial. The head is pretty small and the ears are uneven.
I will try to cast my own.
Dig dagga actually has a new set up for his binaural. He calls it free space or something like that. It doesn't sound as good as the dummy head.

I'm going to do a binaural video of the "Event Horizon" and put it on YouTube.
I want to set up a demo of ambiophonics for people to experience. I know it wont sound great on YouTube, but it's just for the sake of comparing localization to stereo.
I will post the link here when it's ready.

I am waiting for Nov 5th and to get my hands on some muscians for a 'killer' demo, but here is a very short demo of height - a matchbox dropped from above my head. No idea yet if it works for anyone other than myself.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pov0d9q25dodyj/matchbox fall.flac

I'm going to make a binaural ASMR video, and right in the middle of it, I'm gonna whip out the chainsaw, and cut the dummy head off! The head will be rolling on the floor with the camera mounted in it! Fake blood spirting everywhere.
Wouldn't that be funny?
:D:confused::eek::cool:

I think it might be a bit of an acquired taste. Besides, I think a circular saw through the binairal head has already been done. Dummy heads have also been drowned. with condoms... mics,. waterproofing for the aid of. I don't think anybody has routed a corpse into an ambiopole array yet: That might give me a slight tingle :)