Sweeten my vocal rig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That driver is a KSN1142a, rated to go to 1.8kHz but in reality it doesn't really kick in below 2.5kHz, which leaves at least an octave hole between where your 15 is working well and where the horn takes over. I'm assuming that it's feeding a pertty large horn too, which looks impressive as all get out but is totally unnecessary for where the KSN1152a actually works well, which is above 4kHz.

The posted comments about using a piezo with a crossover are incorrect; L/C crossovers are designed to work with the resistive/inductive load of a dynamic driver, and piezos are capacitive loads by nature. There are ways to alter their LF response curves but not with a traditional L/C crossover.

DR250a only measures 22" cubed, weighs less than 40 pounds, has average sensitivity of 106dB/1watt from 80 to 20kHz. My site at www.billfitzmaurice.com is still under construction but should be up and running in a few weeks.

Also...

Since your driver is a screw on, not the all-in-one I assumed it to be. you can get out of this most easily with a screw mount dynamic horn driver that's good to 800 to 1.2kHz, with a proper crossover. Eminence PSD2002S would do; get the 16 ohm version for easier integration with the lower woofer sensitivity. I'd cross this one over at 1kHz with 4th order Linkwitz-Reilly configuration.

that is NOT a ksn1142a !!!

http://www.ctscorp.com/components/piezoelectric/piezoelectric_speakers.htm

nor is it a KSN 1188, as shown by the air holes around the back edge. Both the 1142A and the 1188 are fully enclosed at the back. The 1142 is smaller in diameter that that driver.

As for the x-o, no, it isn't a normal x-o.

Sorry Bill, but unless you have used the correct type of components on the ksn1142a, let alone know what one looks like, then you shouldn't really comment on what it can do !!

that's my last comment on this thread....

Pbassred can contact me by email if he wants to know more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.