recording/mixing nearfield monitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo Friends,

I am interested in home studio recording and mixing. My friend and I have accumulated some experience with his equipment, but unfortunatelly, I can't afford to spend a thousand bucks on decent nearfield monitors :(

I have been toying around with the idea to build a pair myself. Searching these and other forums and speaker building websites, I have not found a project that describes nearfield studio monitors.

I would like to ask any of you people, if you could direct me to a source, which describes in some detail how to build such a system.

Ideally, it would be bi-amped, active x-over with front ports. Flat frequency response, with as little coloration as possible is important for my purposes. Since they would be used for mixing, they should have a nice and deep stereo field, so that i can position the tracks accuratelly.

I know that this is a mouthfull, but this is a ideal-type speaker. The closer I can get to it, the better:)

Thank you in advance for your help.

ogulinoglo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.