replacement technics speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th June 2004, 04:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default replacement technics speakers

hi i was wonderin if its possible to get a replacement 1 of the mid range speaker for the technics system with the 3 way speaker set up with the white super woofer as i got them second hand i used a sony amp without a crossover and the cone went soft and it clicks now,so i bought 2 crossovers and now i need to replace the blown mid range or get 2 of the ame speakers that can handle 65-70wattsrms as that is the standard power rating. thanks 2 anyone who helps me out
Old 12th June 2004, 04:31 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Oh Dear! i think you have really duff a good thing up, Technics are no more and dealers dont keep there parts on selfs or back rooms am sure, i think you will have to find a replacment driver with samey specs or sound, If you can ask Panasonic for a replacment cone, that may work, but i would just get a new pair of mids? to be honest with you.
Old 12th June 2004, 04:50 PM   #3
sreten is offline sreten  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Taking a punt on a pair of audax drivers
from Maplins is probably your best bet :

http://maplin.co.uk/search/menulevel...me=&LevelList=

sreten.
Old 12th June 2004, 06:53 PM   #4
markp is offline markp  United States
diyAudio Member

Actually, they do have spare parts for most of their speakers. They are not cheap but they are available from Panasonic. Go to the Panasonic web site and look for replacement parts. You will need the number off the back of the driver you are trying to replace. The price and availablity is searchable by part number.
Old 14th June 2004, 03:23 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

hey i had an idea tell me what y'all think shud i use the parts to make a cetre for my homecinema? ive got the two white cone woofers a mid and two tweeters shud i build a centre of what any ideas???????? and maybe some designs i cant think of any. thanks
Old 15th June 2004, 09:56 AM   #6
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

You can't really use off-the shelf crossovers with anything as they just aren't matched well enough to the drive units. Ditto why replacing drive units with other types is never really ideal.

If the drive units are not shielded forget use as a centre speaker.
Old 16th June 2004, 05:09 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

yea these speakers are next to my tv as it is and there all magneticly sheilded so its a good idea and the crossover was made specialy for the speakers as i took them to a freinds and he basicly does nothing but make crossovers for a living so the xove is ideal and all in need to do is cum up wit a design and ill b done

Hide this!Advertise here!