Bookshelf kit for newbie?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First post here. I've migrated here from Audioreview.com, AVS and a few other places.

I've owned a few speakers in my time, but never even attemped to build one. That would be because I have the DIY skills of a paper cup. :xeye: My current speakers in my home theater are ACI Sapphires and Emeralds, so I am used to good quality bookshelfs, but I can't keep buying those on a budget for every room.

I'd like to try my hand at semi-DIY, but I need a "kit" to be, well, mostly done. I'd like to build a 2-way bookshelf, with either a 5.5" or 6.5" woofer, soft-dome tweeter, crossover already designed, and a cabinet available online.

So yes, this would be something I just simply assembled. I imagine such a kit could be done in a couple evenings at the most(??) What are some of the better kits out there? To give you an idea of where I'm headed, the Pee Creek sounds very interesting and right up my alley. So what competes in that area, up to plus another $100 or so for the pair?

Thank you!
Robert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.