Equipment Package for T/S parameter testing - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2004, 12:49 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Equipment Package for T/S parameter testing

I have searched this forum along with many websites to try and get an answer to my question, however, I have been rather unsuccessful. I am trying to find an equipment package (hardware and software) that I can use to test Thiele/Small parameters of a driver. From what I have found thus far, I either need to buy a function generator, multimeter, an amp, etc... to do the testing, or create a "jig" to use with my soundcard and speaker shop. I have also stumbled upon software such as Clio and Paraxis, but I am not sure if it would be suitable for my needs. My questions is, could I just purchase a complete packagae with set up instructions to hook up to my PC with no hassle for the sole purpose of measuring T/S parameters? Currently, I go to a fluids lab at my university and attach my drivers to an "audio analyzer" which is attached to a card in the PC. I open up some old software in DOS and run the tests I need in under five mintues. I will be graduating in two quarters and will no longer have the luxury of the fluids lab, so I'm looking to purchase something of the sort for myself. I have no idea if the set up in the lab came as one package or if someone put it together, but I would love to have something that's that easy to use. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dimitriy
Old 8th June 2004, 07:13 AM   #2
Banned

According to this link somethomg may ba available soon.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=390-800

Hide this!Advertise here!