Plate amps in the UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im not sure, both bkelectronics www.bkelec.com and wilmslow audio www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk both sell sub plate amps. Ive just had a quick look see at bk and they have a nice 500 watts into 4ohm for about £220. I dont know if you consider that cheap but its certainly good watts per pound and will certainly have the furnature rattling. They also do a 100 watts into 8ohm plate amp at £120, which again is quiet good value for money, however if it were me and I had the money id rather pay for the big beast amp, the increase up in watts only adds a few pounds on each time so you get quite a bit more bang for buck the more watts you get.

What is the plate amp for exactly? drivers you have in mind etc.

Oh BTW wilmslow sell the same plate amps as BK, wilmslow are significantly more expensive.

5th element said:
Im not sure, both bkelectronics www.bkelec.com and wilmslow audio www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk both sell sub plate amps. Ive just had a quick look see at bk and they have a nice 500 watts into 4ohm for about £220. I dont know if you consider that cheap but its certainly good watts per pound and will certainly have the furnature rattling. They also do a 100 watts into 8ohm plate amp at £120, which again is quiet good value for money, however if it were me and I had the money id rather pay for the big beast amp, the increase up in watts only adds a few pounds on each time so you get quite a bit more bang for buck the more watts you get.

What is the plate amp for exactly? drivers you have in mind etc.

Oh BTW wilmslow sell the same plate amps as BK, wilmslow are significantly more expensive.

This would be for my current Eminence Beta 15 sub, which I am hoping to upgrade to an Adire Tempest sometime. The bridge/parrallel gainclone I have powering it at the moment is badly built (by me) and I am sick of having to fiddle with it when I just want to listen to some music.

Thanks for the links.

stee-b said:

Thanks.

sreten said:

I though so to, looking at it.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.