grill fasteners - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th June 2001, 04:17 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

I am looking for some small, quality grill fasteners. I purchased some larger ones (aprox. 1/2" dia.) from parts express for a sub woofer that I built but, they are not quite as nice as I would like. The smaller ones I am looking for will go into an Audax home theater center channel speaker that I am building. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has any experience with the Audax designer series home theater speakers I would love to here from you. Thanks Tom
Old 13th June 2001, 12:28 PM   #2
kec is offline kec  United States
diyAudio Member

I purchased some of the smaller fasteners from PE. They don't have these listed in their catalog. It's a newer item. The quality is not quite as good as those larger fasteners. But, they are smaller and you can use standard size drills to mount them. The larger ones require big bits(forstner) or routing.

Here's the link for the small fasteners: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...=5719&CATID=48

I've built the Audax HT system(everything but the sub). I've had it up and running for about a year. Very good system for home theater, but, not so good for 2 channel music. The midrange is a little too forward sounding.

Here's an image: http://www.geocities.com/ken_cline/PIC00068.JPG

-Ken

[Edited by kec on 06-15-2001 at 06:59 AM]
Old 15th June 2001, 04:27 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I checked out the link to P.E. and I think I'll give them a try. I tried your link to see your speaker images, but couldn't get through. Thanks again TT

Hide this!Advertise here!