Goodmans Axiom 300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi - I have an Axiom 300, which needs reconing. I need another in similar condition to make it worth while doing both to make a pair.

Anyone got one. Would they go well with Decca London ribbons?. Anyone got plans for a cabinet?

Also have a pair of unmarked 12" Wharfdales, working well, with 4/71 scrawled on the back of the cone. The chassis is cast, the magnets are large, but flat. They were in a home made cab with a tweeter with a translucent lilac/maroon membrane over them. Any one know what they might be. They sound good. Might swap for an Axiom.

John Chapman

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Swalabr said:
Axiom 300 + Decca London ribbons

That combo could have some potential -- a lot of lattitude for XO point... have you got the Deccas?

This the tweeter?

dave

Attachments

• wharfet.jpg
    wharfet.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 376
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
navin said:
dave you are a find! where do you dig this stuff up! Brings back memories and tears!...good tears!

I live in an area with a rich vien of vintage hifi... these are just pics i have hanging around on my hard drive from having found them and eBayed them. One day i'll get a chance to bang all the info & pictures into a vintage driver database.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Swalabr said:
Fantastic Dave - Yeah, that's the tweeter, but my Wharfedales have round magnets.

Only round magnet ones i've seen are alnico, but they are more soup can shaped. Of course, here, a 1/3 of the way around the world from the factory i don't see the range you huys no doubt see,

I am about to swap my pre war Carpenter bike frame for the Deccas.

A good working set of Deccas must be worth in excess of a $1000 USD now-a-days.

Whats XO?

Crossover

Am also designing transmission line and folded horn options for Ted Jordan's 92's. Anyone done that?

Quite a few of those floating around...

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.