xover question; will this work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys,

finally finished my desktop-speakers for use with my laptop. THey're using visaton frs-8 drivers (dirt cheap and not that bad) and go down to about 100 hz so i decided i needed a small sub. Finished that too; picked up a second hand vifa pl18w009-8 (yay!) pretty cheap and put it in a 15 liter vented box.

And now, the xover. I decided on an active linkwitz/riley filter at about 110-120 hz and came up with this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

top and bottom blocks are highpass filters for stereo speakers, mid block starts off with a summing amplifier. last two opamps are the lowpass filter. In front of the summing amp are 2 100k resistors. First opamp in the top and bottom block use 100k to ground on the inputs.

Assuming that i can work out the correct values for the filters with rod elliott's l/r calculator (yay for rod!), is the rest of this schematic correct? In other words; will this work?

what kind of signal-level loss can i expect after the lowpass section? I presume that with the highpass section signal loss isn;t that bad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.