Dayton Floorstanders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well im looking to design a pair of floorstanding speakers to go with the sub a will be building but my question is can i model floorstandind speakers in WinISD the same way i did with the sub because i dont really see any posts telling you how to construct these sort of speakers?

Sory if i seem dumb:D

Greg

P.S The drivers i will be using in this design will be two dayton 8" woofers and a dayton silk dome tweeter.

You should reconsider going with floorstanders with a sub. Floorstanders are generally full-range boxes; they stand on the floor as they need a lot of volume to support bass response and have to be tall enough for the tweeters to be at ear level. Since you're running a sub anyway you don't need the size of floorstanders for bass response; in fact, floorstanders will likely be too big to properly load the drivers. Then consider that with floorstanders you're consderably limited as to where you can put them.

Smaller MTMs that allow flexibility of placement would be more logical. As for drivers, again since you have a sub you don't need bass extension below 80 Hz at best, so go with 5 to 6-1/2" midbass drivers that will have far better response and dispersion characteristics than eights.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.