XT25? Yes, but which one...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I heard many good thing about this tweeter... But there are many different versions of the XT25...
XT25SG? XT25BG? XT25TG? any other?
Which one is the best? Any other tweeter to check on while being on budget(150EUR/pair)?

What would be it's match as mid-woofer? woofer? I want to go 3-way for deep bass...

I haven't seen any of the SG or BG, I thought we are all here talking about XT25TG.

With 150 EUR/pair, the XT25 is probably not the best, but it must be the best at performance per price.

I think you should go with it's own series (Vifa XT). For a 3-way I would not go with XT25. The XT25 can go very low in a 2-way. If I have to cross the XT25 at high enough point for a 3-way, I got a feeling that the tweeter would not be that special anymore (compared to several tweeter of the same price level).

Jay said:
I haven't seen any of the SG or BG, I thought we are all here talking about XT25TG.
There are others too...

With 150 EUR/pair, the XT25 is probably not the best, but it must be the best at performance per price.
Can you name a better tweeter in my budget?

I think you should go with it's own series (Vifa XT). For a 3-way I would not go with XT25. The XT25 can go very low in a 2-way. If I have to cross the XT25 at high enough point for a 3-way, I got a feeling that the tweeter would not be that special anymore (compared to several tweeter of the same price level).
Hmmm... And now comes a hard question: I want deep powerful bass. Could I get that using a 2 or 2.5way speaker design?

phase_accurate said:
the Vifa one is even available as selected pairs for a rather small additional fee (only alu faceplate version).
I can confirm the selected pair option. Saw it in many places.

roibm said:
I heard many good thing about this tweeter... But there are many different versions of the XT25...
XT25SG? XT25BG? XT25TG? any other?
Which one is the best? Any other tweeter to check on while being on budget(150EUR/pair)?

What would be it's match as mid-woofer? woofer? I want to go 3-way for deep bass...

The Wilson WATT/Puppy is an interesting arrangement with the
The Puppy providing BSC (baffle step compensation) for the WATT.

for details see here :
http://www.users.nac.net/markowitzgd/david/david.htm

Regarding the XT25 I'd go for best value, not best absolute.

If you follow the W/P outline Peerless drivers are well worth
investigating but there is lots of choice with the arrangement.

:) sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.