Test & demo CDs & DVDs / Frequency resp software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought I would start a thred on here if anyone has any good demo / test CDs or particular music they listern to after they have finished their speakers.

Personally in terms of demo music I have used:

- George Micheal - Ladies & Gents (Fastlove track)
Good punchy track with lots of trebble

- Chicago Soundtrack CD
The first track on this CD has lots of jazz instruments and its a good track to "see" how detailed the speakers are.

- Pink Floyd - The Wall CD
This is an amazing double CD thats full of lots of stereo information and lots of sound effects - Check out the exploding TVs on the 3 or 4th track on CD1.

- Disneys Fantasia 2000 DVD
Check out the Rhapsody in Blue track when they start to hammer the large woodern block - Great for your checking out your sub!

- Mission Impossible II
I like the spanish dancing at the start of this film as its dynamics and kick really give your 5.1 system

I know you have to be careful but does anyone know of any test CDs that contain things like frequency sweeps etc. I have a decent mic and a PC so the other alternative was to try and find some software that does a frequency sweep - Any ideas ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.