Adire HE 12.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just finished redesigning the crossover around an upgraded compression driver (still unique). This compression driver has a bit flatter top end, and the decay is a lot faster - better doping of the dome, as well as a new single-piece face and throat.

Will this be part of a general upgrade to the HEx.x line? If so, is there an ETA that you can share?

Just curious...

John

John,

Yes, it will be available in the HE10.1 and HE12.1. We're re-evaluating the position of the HE8.1.

BHG,

We have a different dome backing, different grade of ferrofluid, and different sized phase plug. It's subtle, but there are pretty good differences. So many people look at the outside of a box/driver and say "it's the same!", when in reality what really matters in a driver is completely hidden from view...

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

I don't know if Dan still hangs around here, but if so - can you give any status on the rumored (and kinda-sorta confirmed by you at RMAF) XBL^2 versions of the Beat coax drivers?

I have been eyeing the HE10s, but dont' want to jump in if the upgraded version is just around the corner.

He10.1 summary

Hello!
After much research I got a set of he10 and a smallish 15 sub
(B&C 15 pbz, 95 liter tuned to 45 hz)
Im using the he 10 in three different ways.
By themselves as studio monitors.
With sub crossed at 65 hz for Hifi or general enjoyment.
With sub crossed at 140 hz as a small PA sub/sat system.
My general impression is that yes you can build better studiomonitors.Yes you can design a better hifi system.
And yep you can build better PA speakers.
But can you find a better combo for all theese applications?
I couldent.
Im no expert in hifi lingo but if you like coax speakers for loud music,theese things are great.Crispy,detailed and with a sub plenty punchy BOOM BOOM!
I have only one real drawback on my system and thats a slight peak around 100hz (due to responce of the B&C driver)
However it beats the powered mackies in terms of bottom end and clarity,and cost.I could sell my powered KRKs.And i can take them to the bar and everybodys dancing!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.