My Diy Sub Is Finnished!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well i finaly finnished my diy sub!
it features:
1. partsexpress 250W RMS plate amp
2. BLAUPUNKT PCwi1200 12" SUBWOOFER 200W RMS
3. COSTOM MAD ENCLOSURE..... 2cu FT. "I BUILD IT MY SELF!
4. PNR AEROPORT KIT 3" DIA BLACK PLASTIC " 13" LONG TUNING ENCLOSURE TO 25hz
I WILL POST PICTURES TOMORROW......

THANKS TO EVERY ONE WHO HELPED ME......
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.....:p

I POST THE PICS TOMORROW....

Cool!!!!

Good job!

See, building one of these wasn't as bad as you thought!

Now, when listening to other subs make a mental notes of how low they go... I'd be willing to bet that in most cases yours will be better than most of the pre-made stuff...

Pictures would be great!

Again, congrats!!!

Steve

Welcome to the world of DIY

It's like when I built my subwoofer with the old-series Blueprint 1001 (with the double-stack magnets). My friend Zach has a Sony 12" subwoofer on 120 watts. My DIY 10" on 150 watts (half of the driver's 300-watt power handling) absolutely destroys his store-bought 12" and weakens the very structural integrity of my house. I'd hate to try and have a Shiva in my room with the kind of output I'm getting from just this thing. I want to DIY a pair of mains next.

this baby rattles the walls!

pic1.

Attachments

• imag0058b.jpg
    imag0058b.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 800
:cool:
yo,
do you guys have any tips for leavaling these things.....
i mean i have a tile floor and it is a bitch to leaval this thing every time i move it a little......
and it it is not leavaled just right it rattles because one of the spikes is not in full contact with the base.....
is this something i am going to have to live with or is their something i can do to make it easer to leaval?
note: if you guys didnt know tile floors are uneven and my tiles are textured so mine is even more un leaval as a not textured tile floor would be......

once abain thanks for the complements......

thanks,
Slice:D

I have the perfect idea

Hey long time ago my dad had this little level for his record player it is round some ar big some ar small you can buy them for cheap what it is is a little center level that is what you need you put it on the top and when the little bubble is in the center it is level have a look around there perfect that is what i use to level my audio stand..

Jason

I second using three spikes. I would move one of the rear spikes to the middle of the enclosure. If the ecosure is very heavy you should stick with four spikes (or if it's really heavy like mine, 375lbs, four spikes don't cut it). Are those PE spikes on the bottom?

VR,
Digi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.