dbx drive rack - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th May 2004, 09:37 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question dbx drive rack

does any one know how to use this thing i am a newbiw to this stuff someone please help.
Old 18th May 2004, 10:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

http://www.driverack.com/
Old 18th May 2004, 10:28 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to eRiCdWoNg
go to www.prosoundweb.com and search thru the archives of the LAB as well as the LABlounge.
Old 18th May 2004, 10:56 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks alot will check out both. Not to Good with the htz thing just do not understand it.
Old 19th May 2004, 01:04 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Learn
Old 19th May 2004, 02:26 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Not to Good with the htz thing just do not understand it.
In that case, please excuse me for asking, but what exactly do you hope to accomplish with the Driverack?
Old 19th May 2004, 02:53 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Also, what is an htz thing?
Old 19th May 2004, 11:32 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

the drive rack is a all in one machine for pa systems. it has different settings for different speakers and amps. the amps i have are allready in the system. but the speakers are not. i do not know how to set up the speakers in the machine and i do not want to blow them. like the subs for instance the frequencies varies this is what i mean by htz. i want the sound to come out nice and clean. then there is a delay on the machine i do not even know what that does ro how to operate it. just want to get some knowledge on this stuff. the dbx site does explain enough guess i got to take a class.
Old 19th May 2004, 01:01 PM   #9
Ken L is offline Ken L  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by catapult

In that case, please excuse me for asking, but what exactly do you hope to accomplish with the Driverack?
You did not really answer catapult's question _grin_

Read the manual, then read the manual again. Do some surfing and googling on it.

Then come back and tell us -

What model Driverack are you using?

What is your source?

What type of preamp?

What amps - are you using?

What drivers are you using - how are they configured?

What is your purpose? PA?

Garage Band?

domestic use for stereo?

What type of room? how many people?

Your question is somewhat like asking why your car won't start without giving any additional information _grin_ other than the type car you have.

There are so many ways this could be done, we don't really have enough information to give you a hand.

Regards

Ken L
Old 19th May 2004, 02:06 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Socaflex
Thanks alot will check out both. Not to Good with the htz thing just do not understand it.
Do yourself a favor and take the time to read some books on the topic, as well as reading the entire driverack manual (I read mine probably 10 times from cover to cover and am still reading it from time to time). Also take the time to go to driverack.com and read all the posts on the user forum, -that helps a lot. By the way, you didn't mention which unit you are using. I have both a 480 and a PA. Everyone complains about the interface on the 480 being hard to use. I'll take the interface on the 480 over the one on the PA ANY DAY!

Quote:
the drive rack is a all in one machine for pa systems. it has different settings for different speakers and amps. the amps i have are allready in the system. but the speakers are not. i do not know how to set up the speakers in the machine and i do not want to blow them.
I can surely appreciate your point about not wanting to damage anything. If this is something you need to do right away, I would suggest you give dbx a call and talk to Tom Cram. Tom will be able to get you up and running is very short order, he is extremely knowledgable, and a great guy to work with. However, this will NOT replace you learning how to use the unit to it's full potential.

Quote:
like the subs for instance the frequencies varies this is what i mean by htz. i want the sound to come out nice and clean. then there is a delay on the machine i do not even know what that does ro how to operate
Don't worry about delays and so forth right now. This stuff takes time to learn, and will get easier as time goes on. You have to be patient though. Getting the speakers crossed over correctly though is fairly important for you to get right.

Give Tom a call, and read and re-read your manual. As you will find, it isn't as tough as you think, be patient.

Rich.

Hide this!Advertise here!