dbx drive rack

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the drive rack is a all in one machine for pa systems. it has different settings for different speakers and amps. the amps i have are allready in the system. but the speakers are not. i do not know how to set up the speakers in the machine and i do not want to blow them. like the subs for instance the frequencies varies this is what i mean by htz. i want the sound to come out nice and clean. then there is a delay on the machine i do not even know what that does ro how to operate it. just want to get some knowledge on this stuff. the dbx site does explain enough guess i got to take a class.

catapult said:

In that case, please excuse me for asking, but what exactly do you hope to accomplish with the Driverack?

You did not really answer catapult's question _grin_

Read the manual, then read the manual again. Do some surfing and googling on it.

Then come back and tell us -

What model Driverack are you using?

What is your source?

What type of preamp?

What amps - are you using?

What drivers are you using - how are they configured?

What is your purpose? PA?

Garage Band?

domestic use for stereo?

What type of room? how many people?

Your question is somewhat like asking why your car won't start without giving any additional information _grin_ other than the type car you have.

There are so many ways this could be done, we don't really have enough information to give you a hand.

Regards

Ken L

Reactions: 1 user
Socaflex said:
Thanks alot will check out both. Not to Good with the htz thing just do not understand it.

Do yourself a favor and take the time to read some books on the topic, as well as reading the entire driverack manual (I read mine probably 10 times from cover to cover and am still reading it from time to time). Also take the time to go to driverack.com and read all the posts on the user forum, -that helps a lot. By the way, you didn't mention which unit you are using. I have both a 480 and a PA. Everyone complains about the interface on the 480 being hard to use. I'll take the interface on the 480 over the one on the PA ANY DAY!

Socaflex said:
the drive rack is a all in one machine for pa systems. it has different settings for different speakers and amps. the amps i have are allready in the system. but the speakers are not. i do not know how to set up the speakers in the machine and i do not want to blow them.

I can surely appreciate your point about not wanting to damage anything. If this is something you need to do right away, I would suggest you give dbx a call and talk to Tom Cram. Tom will be able to get you up and running is very short order, he is extremely knowledgable, and a great guy to work with. However, this will NOT replace you learning how to use the unit to it's full potential.

Socaflex said:
like the subs for instance the frequencies varies this is what i mean by htz. i want the sound to come out nice and clean. then there is a delay on the machine i do not even know what that does ro how to operate

Don't worry about delays and so forth right now. This stuff takes time to learn, and will get easier as time goes on. You have to be patient though. Getting the speakers crossed over correctly though is fairly important for you to get right.

Give Tom a call, and read and re-read your manual. As you will find, it isn't as tough as you think, be patient.

Rich.

i have the pa drive rack. i am a dj using 18 inch scoops made by b and cd not sure wich model but they 1000 wattt. i am using ev's for mids and selenium d250 for highs. i do not really understand the frequency thing on the dirve rack. i do not want to drive the speakers i have under the wrong frequencies. also i am using a crown 3600 for bass on four subs , a crown 2400 on the mids which is 4 15 inch ev's and mx 1500a on 2 selenium d250 drivers.

driverack pa

i just got my driverack pa a couple days ago. i had no problem doing the initial set-up of setting the crossover configuration and graphic eq and so on. they made these driverack units very non-confusing from what i see. i luv 'em. i use mine for high-end home audio.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.