Crossover design for MTMs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

Sorry in advance for any stupid questions, but I am a bit new to all this......

I have decided to design and build a MTM config with Seas H761 drivers and possibly a Seas Al dome tweeter to go as well. I have been playing around with WinISD program and have finished my enclosure design, but I am struggling with deciding where to start with the crossover design.

I would rather design and build the crossover myself, and I think with the right starting point that it can be done. There are so many options as far as a crossover are concerned, and I just need some direction. Passive or Active? 1st order or 2nd 3rd 4th order?? Butterworth vs Linkwitz-Riley?? I am just a little confused on where to start. I have been doing some reading, but a lot of it assumes that you have a lot of technical knowledge of designing them in the first place.

Could you be so kind as to point me in the right direction?? I know that WinISD has a crossover utility, but there are still many choices to be made.

Thanks!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.