NightClub sound system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I want to build a "mini" club system in my basement which will yield high output and high fidelity. I am not interested in buying commercially available PA cabinets.

I intend to use the system for djing purposes, and house parties.
I know I can buy JBL club speakers or Yamaha, EAW, etc... I also know that I can never get a transparent sound from the above brands.
I want to build it myself from scratch.

I just need info on plans, drivers, horns, speakers, electronics, etc... so I may build such a system.
The size of the basement is about 1000 square ft.

Thanks

misha

For bass, I recommend the Labhorns. They are a DIY project which I'm going to start in the next 2 months.

For tops, I too am considering building my own. I am using an EV setup right now with 2 "gladiator G115s" tops and 2 SB180 bass bins, but I want some more versitility. I plan to build 4 or so trapezoidal cabinets, that are small but still robust. I may try to hornload the midrange though I've never done anything like that before.

For SQ, I recommend using smaller drivers for the mids such as 12s or even multiple 10's. They should sound better then the typical 15" + horn speaker.

I'm looking at Eminience or Selenium drivers, not sure how clear and transparent they are though. Let me know what else you find.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.